Community driven for success.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 One risky move?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ireella
Team
Team
avatar

Posts : 63
Join date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: One risky move?   Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:21 pm

I think we should try to find a version of wotlk, and try to stabilize it.
Why?: -Loads of people are searching for a private wotlk server
-Starting a population wont be hard, because just exploring and questing alone in northrend is fun too.
-As the server is now, we have max 10 ppl on. We just arent gonna make it like this.
-Even though we will get more bugs and crashes, all the people on the server will have way more to do.

Also found a mangos version of it here"
http://www.d3scene.com/forum/wow-private-server-info-help/15007-wow-wotlk-private-servers-client-8391-mangos.html
Just an example, might be better ones out there.

Let me hear your thoughts about this
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phantom

avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2008-09-08
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: One risky move?   Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:15 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slaven

avatar

Posts : 21
Join date : 2008-09-08
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: One risky move?   Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:12 pm

then we will have 20 players online and they would all be death knights
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ireella
Team
Team
avatar

Posts : 63
Join date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: One risky move?   Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:21 pm

Slaven wrote:
then we will have 20 players online and they would all be death knights

Better 20 active players that have something to do then 10 that are bored to hell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gaea

avatar

Posts : 26
Join date : 2008-09-28

PostSubject: Re: One risky move?   Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:24 pm

I have that already, it is a beta emulator for beta client. First of all, no offense, but i doubt that we have good programmers in team who can stabilize it, second it's a beta emulator for a beta client and death knight isn't yet available + if you were somehow to enable it, almost all talents would be broken. Another thing is that there doesn't exist any database so whole norterend is empty and you don't have much to see really ... The stability is bad too, one wrong move like duel in a wrong northered area, crashes the server imediately...

The idea was good but the fact say different. It would be to much work and the beta emulator isn't being updated, it was just created to enable beta clients to log in and explore empty terrain. If you would like to explore the world i can mail you the package, post a tutorial how to set it up, give you screens or videos, or even host a mini server that would crash every 5 min but you could see northerend live at least. Anyway, thrust me, the trouble isn't worth it yet ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wilkey
Team
Team


Posts : 59
Join date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: One risky move?   Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:08 pm

Just so you know guys, for retail Wotlk has a different system requirements... IDK how this will work out for private servers, that is just for retail.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Imrooniel

avatar

Posts : 190
Join date : 2008-09-07
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: One risky move?   Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:48 pm

we can always make second wotlk realm and keep this our current aswell...

Besides.. I trust our programmers - if they will say that they are able to make out wotlk than we REALLY should get it
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imrooniel.deviantart.com/
fgbidz

avatar

Posts : 23
Join date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: One risky move?   Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:40 am

well i have played on some private beta wotlk servers and death knight has been available. but yeh atm i don't think there is a good enough wotlk emulator that will be worth using.

But Ree has the right idea and we should be one of the first to get wotlk when a better emulator comes out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gaea

avatar

Posts : 26
Join date : 2008-09-28

PostSubject: Re: One risky move?   Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:33 am

You don't read what I am saying ... NO STABILITY, NO DATABASE and NO UPDATES + it's BETA only. I don't know how you imagine it and what "our" programmers are you talking about ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ireella
Team
Team
avatar

Posts : 63
Join date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: One risky move?   Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:57 am

Gaea wrote:
You don't read what I am saying ... NO STABILITY, NO DATABASE and NO UPDATES + it's BETA only. I don't know how you imagine it and what "our" programmers are you talking about ?

And what do we have now? -no players -no raids -nothing to do -updates-->yay one quest is working that like, everyone is gonna do to get that so good green weapon.
This is just an idea, but something has to change, we just arent gonna make it like this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Imrooniel

avatar

Posts : 190
Join date : 2008-09-07
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: One risky move?   Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:31 am

Gaea wrote:
You don't read what I am saying ... NO STABILITY, NO DATABASE and NO UPDATES + it's BETA only. I don't know how you imagine it and what "our" programmers are you talking about ?

agree with iree +check list of ppl workign on fg. Sure we have gms, but aswell developers. 3 with stewie as I remember.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imrooniel.deviantart.com/
Phantom

avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2008-09-08
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: One risky move?   Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:56 pm

i think wiether those developers do not exist or they do not do much work.
anyway wotkl is coming out in november 13 on retail. in a week or two after that privates will get it aswell. and hmm i remember vej telling me that server is stabile and he saw such quest working on fg he hasnt seen on any server, please explain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silvarus88



Posts : 40
Join date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: One risky move?   Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:47 pm

i agree with ree, not just because he has a cute char.
lots of peeps are looking for good wotlk servers
5 or 6 players donated
so i think we can get it.
remember the last time with tbc
at first some bugs
but lots of peeps came
i say lets get this show on the road
XDXDXXD

MORE POP
MORE POP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gaea

avatar

Posts : 26
Join date : 2008-09-28

PostSubject: Re: One risky move?   Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:26 am

Well I don't want to argue, but i see that none here has any idea what they are talking about. You don't know what an emulator is and you especially don't know what a beta project means. The thing you all are talking about can also be considered as as junk. There is NO database for the beta which means: you wont have anything but empty notherend and there wont be anything to spawn.

And really for all these who don't know, I really dont know which super development team we have, but OUR DEVELOPERS CANT' DO ANYTHING and about the beta project and I especially doubt they can do anything about the current emulator either. (you really need to be a wizz for such things and i dont thing we have anyone who is capable of playing with the core honestly!)

And now does any one of you even know how to make a programm that only writes a message in VC++? - no you dont even know how to do that and pleasse stop talking about some developers here and other crap you dont have any idea bout and it's not worth trying because stability is 5 min maxx even if you download everything complete in a pack so you get nothing again.

Just wait till 13. November + a few weeks and PLEASE DON'T talk about "remember how familyguy first started TBC with nothing working ?" and shit because that was an ALFA client and this WOTLK is a BETA one -> again you dont know anything and you want WOTLK. Please give this post up and spam other servers to come and play or simply be online and afk the whole day so others stay online as well. Thank you very much and it's the end i hope.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abaddon



Posts : 28
Join date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: One risky move?   Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:35 am

Do you guys remember when everybody were happy just to be able to play Super Mario World...?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vegetto
Team
Team
avatar

Posts : 35
Join date : 2008-09-08
Age : 31
Location : Latvija

PostSubject: Re: One risky move?   Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:44 am

hmm well, that could work, i know because i played on difrent server and lookd up its history, they had bigest pop jump wen they put tbc beta on
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ireella
Team
Team
avatar

Posts : 63
Join date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: One risky move?   Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:42 am

Gaea wrote:
Well I don't want to argue, but i see that none here has any idea what they are talking about. You don't know what an emulator is and you especially don't know what a beta project means. The thing you all are talking about can also be considered as as junk. There is NO database for the beta which means: you wont have anything but empty notherend and there wont be anything to spawn.

And really for all these who don't know, I really dont know which super development team we have, but OUR DEVELOPERS CANT' DO ANYTHING and about the beta project and I especially doubt they can do anything about the current emulator either. (you really need to be a wizz for such things and i dont thing we have anyone who is capable of playing with the core honestly!)

And now does any one of you even know how to make a programm that only writes a message in VC++? - no you dont even know how to do that and pleasse stop talking about some developers here and other crap you dont have any idea bout and it's not worth trying because stability is 5 min maxx even if you download everything complete in a pack so you get nothing again.

Just wait till 13. November + a few weeks and PLEASE DON'T talk about "remember how familyguy first started TBC with nothing working ?" and shit because that was an ALFA client and this WOTLK is a BETA one -> again you dont know anything and you want WOTLK. Please give this post up and spam other servers to come and play or simply be online and afk the whole day so others stay online as well. Thank you very much and it's the end i hope.

For someone who ''knows what hes talking about'' you seem outdated. There are many leaked aplha versions out already...
As for our team, yea they probaly cant do that much, so we just got to survive with our one-horse-town server till a good version comes out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coolclan



Posts : 51
Join date : 2008-09-08
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: One risky move?   Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:32 pm

i just gotta add that as far as NO DATABASE is concerned; to fix that there's programs that will build a db out of your clients saved files so in effect all you would have to do is find somebody (or get yourself) on to one of the official wotlk beta/whatever servers then run it and boom, theres a db to use
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eClip
Developer
Developer


Posts : 2
Join date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: One risky move?   Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:23 pm

We will update when we are ready, we have done few changes to the world & to the rates.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phantom

avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2008-09-08
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: One risky move?   Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:18 am

a friend of mine has alfa version.

but i am more than sure that no update will happen b4 release of the full version. so please stfu, and i totally agree with this guy about devs. and everything else as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lichberserk



Posts : 34
Join date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: One risky move?   Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:03 am

guyz we need time for wotlk. u know new emu means new bugs. so just w8 Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: One risky move?   

Back to top Go down
 
One risky move?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Any way to move multiple topics?
» Move a single Post not entire therad
» Can i move post from topic to another topic?
» Can't move Topics/Posts?
» Simple Question, Can I Move My Forum From Here To A Paid Host?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FAMILY GUY 2004-2011 :: News & Announcements :: General.-
Jump to: