FAMILY GUY ® 2004-2011
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community driven for success.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Scripts will kill us?

Go down 
+7
silvarus88
DitosS
hades
Gaea
Persephone
Abc
Imrooniel
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Imrooniel

Imrooniel

Scripts will kill us? Empty
PostSubject: Scripts will kill us?   Scripts will kill us? EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 9:10 am

ok here is the problem: all instances are scripted. Great, but there is one problem: there is just no enough people to raid them. You will tell: hey, make 10 ppl kara. Why do you want to do BT?! The problem is to find 10 ppl that are will WANT to do kara while halfly SWP geared and will be enough experienced to raid it.

While its hardly to have 10 ppl online on one side.

You say: wait till more people will come.

They will come, but leave instantly cuz they wont see people online - ppl already lvled, lvled proffs and want to raid, but simply cant. So they dont stay online.

Its closed circle: scripted instances makes ppl not stay long online cuz there is no enough ppl to raid, which makes newcomers think that server is low populated and they dotn stay, so we dont have new people.

My idea is to unscript BT and Hyjal. These are most important raids besides SWP, so ppl wil lraid it - eq almost compared etc etc.

so, unscript BT and Hyjal so we can raid, get more ppl and rock.
Back to top Go down
http://imrooniel.deviantart.com/
Abc

PostSubject: Scripts   Scripts will kill us? EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 9:20 am

yea he's right.
You guys should rly fix this
Back to top Go down
Persephone
Sponsor
Sponsor
Persephone

PostSubject: Re: Scripts will kill us?   Scripts will kill us? EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 9:25 am

This is absolutely right...it is a vicious circle....there needs to be active raiding and with so few ppl on its virtually impossible....i was thinking make kara unscripted...but roos idea of BT/hyjal is better by far ....thats what ppl want .. this is important for future of FG
Back to top Go down
Gaea

Gaea

PostSubject: Re: Scripts will kill us?   Scripts will kill us? EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 3:58 pm

I am against removing any kinda scripts. Scripts actually make it worth if you are in a good community, but you need nerves! Don't mention kara as if you are talking about a lv 10 instance. It is actually a top lvl instance and it is hard to do it 100%. Try starting with Auchinduon on normal and after that on heroic, or even better try hellfire citadel first ˇˇ. Thrust me the only thing unfair here are extra talents you can get by donation, everything else is good and we only need advertising now. Fight for better, stable and working scripts and not against them!
Back to top Go down
hades
Team
Team

PostSubject: Re: Scripts will kill us?   Scripts will kill us? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 6:22 am

hmm well i say no to script removal. but i get roo's point. there is nothing going on all day long. ppl get bored. new ppl wont stay here and get bored. we need something else....i would like to see more world pvp going on... gurubashi arena or something. but its not gonna happen unless u offer them some rewards. i think u should steal scape's ideea. give out tokens such as badges of justice as rewards for honorable kills. do SOMETHING! No but not script removal Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
DitosS

DitosS

PostSubject: Re: Scripts will kill us?   Scripts will kill us? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 6:25 am

I think same. We should get our gear step by step, not best gear on first raid
Back to top Go down
silvarus88

PostSubject: Re: Scripts will kill us?   Scripts will kill us? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 6:54 am

Imrooniel wrote:
ok here is the problem: all instances are scripted. Great, but there is one problem: there is just no enough people to raid them. You will tell: hey, make 10 ppl kara. Why do you want to do BT?! The problem is to find 10 ppl that are will WANT to do kara while halfly SWP geared and will be enough experienced to raid it.

While its hardly to have 10 ppl online on one side.

You say: wait till more people will come.

They will come, but leave instantly cuz they wont see people online - ppl already lvled, lvled proffs and want to raid, but simply cant. So they dont stay online.

Its closed circle: scripted instances makes ppl not stay long online cuz there is no enough ppl to raid, which makes newcomers think that server is low populated and they dotn stay, so we dont have new people.

My idea is to unscript BT and Hyjal. These are most important raids besides SWP, so ppl wil lraid it - eq almost compared etc etc.

so, unscript BT and Hyjal so we can raid, get more ppl and rock.

i see your point roo
I have been trying to compensate with pvp events, but even for pvp there mostly not enough people.
But even the rewards for a pvp event arent that exiting, and the same peeps keep winning(its very hard too keep it fair)
i think its a wise idea too unscript hyal and black temple(because the bosses still hit pretty hard, soo it wont be too easy either)

soo here is my idea

Since were low on pop

free lv 70 and tier 3 for all newbies (1 for every ip)
unscript blacktemple and hyal
alow gms too help players with SCRIPTED instances like sunwell
Back to top Go down
ireella
Team
Team
ireella

PostSubject: Re: Scripts will kill us?   Scripts will kill us? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 8:22 am

A server needs something that makes it better, and different then other servers. If we remove all scripts it will be just, like, another one of those boring servers.
Give the people a challenge, its what keeps em playing here. Unscripting black temple and hyjal is nonsense, you will get people dinging 70 then get t6 right away.
We just need to focus on advertising all we can for now.
Back to top Go down
silvarus88

PostSubject: Re: Scripts will kill us?   Scripts will kill us? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 10:28 am

hmm good point also,
but there has to be something we can do in the meanwhile:P
Back to top Go down
coolclan

PostSubject: Re: Scripts will kill us?   Scripts will kill us? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 11:58 am

why not just partially unscript bosses; like take away their biggest/baddest spells but leave the mediocre ones; will still leave plenty of challenge but u wont have the omfg raid wiped in 1 spell problems of current
Back to top Go down
hades
Team
Team

PostSubject: Re: Scripts will kill us?   Scripts will kill us? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 12:05 pm

maybe making them easyer wouldn't be that bad but meh i love the way it is. except bugged bosses. for example felmyst is bugged like hell he spamms gas nova and some cleaving attack even when he doesent have a target lol Smile he just sits in his spawn place spamming. the range is also extremely high so ppl cant rly raid swp anymore lol...its kinda lame...but meh back to the point. yes for making the bosses slightly easyer. no to removing the skill involved in raiding an END GAME instance
Back to top Go down
Phantom

Phantom

PostSubject: Re: Scripts will kill us?   Scripts will kill us? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 12:56 pm

u could leave the scripts and decrese armor/attack/hp instead, would be cooler and easyer.
Back to top Go down
skinrot

skinrot

PostSubject: Re: Scripts will kill us?   Scripts will kill us? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 2:57 pm

MY GOD
You people sound like ME now days complaining to make it harder and not easier lol!

I do (no kidding) agree with most of you in here. The instances have to be made easier, but NOT end game ones. Someone mentioned to unscript the newbie ones. Like do all the ones that have blues and up to Kara (hellfire, auchendoun, kara).

The only reason given to UN script the endgame instances was because people that dont have that gear don't wanna do Kara (didn't mention T5 places tho). If this was done, then I'm guessing these same few ppl would not do the T6 places anymore since they have the gear there!?!?!?!

Please don't cripple the server just because a few ppl want the T6 now. Don't forget, if ppl have to RUN the 60+ lvl instances, then T4, then T5 THEN T6, think about all the extra raiding that will be going on and on and on.

Other thoughts... If T4 places are beneath you since you have partial T6 and the T6 places are too hard, what about the 10 man instances associated with the T6 instances? They are made for less ppl. And scripted it should make them hard enough that they will be a challenge.

Maybe follow Phantom and Hades ideas with armor/hitpoints for the T5 locations, but leave them scirpted. That will ease people into it being harder.
Back to top Go down
Imrooniel

Imrooniel

PostSubject: Re: Scripts will kill us?   Scripts will kill us? EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 2:56 am

I love idea of decrasing damage (spells too!) and hp of boses, cuz healing whole raid after aoe is more isnterstiong that healspam tank...

BUT: spell dmgs needs to be decrased. 1k every 5 sec on whole raid is rly hard to heal. Health of boses should be decrsased too - so they would make like 20 min for well geared group of 15 ppl. But it all needs to be balanced.

So, maybe unscript kara, but on devs realm keep testing lower dmg and hp, when you will think that its balanced, ask soem ppl to beta test it before relese, make needed fixes and relese... but it needs to be done in caution!

AND IT NEEDS TO BE DONE!
Back to top Go down
ireella
Team
Team
ireella

PostSubject: Re: Scripts will kill us?   Scripts will kill us? EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 3:22 am

Imrooniel wrote:
I love idea of decrasing damage (spells too!) and hp of boses, cuz healing whole raid after aoe is more isnterstiong that healspam tank...

BUT: spell dmgs needs to be decrased. 1k every 5 sec on whole raid is rly hard to heal. Health of boses should be decrsased too - so they would make like 20 min for well geared group of 15 ppl. But it all needs to be balanced.

So, maybe unscript kara, but on devs realm keep testing lower dmg and hp, when you will think that its balanced, ask soem ppl to beta test it before relese, make needed fixes and relese... but it needs to be done in caution!

AND IT NEEDS TO BE DONE!

1k every 5 sec isnt that hard to heal, if the groups are done well --> 1 priest for each group, shaman chain healing etc etc
Back to top Go down
Imrooniel

Imrooniel

PostSubject: Re: Scripts will kill us?   Scripts will kill us? EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 5:04 am

ireella wrote:
Imrooniel wrote:

AND IT NEEDS TO BE DONE!

1k every 5 sec isnt that hard to heal, if the groups are done well --> 1 priest for each group, shaman chain healing etc etc

but mana will go out quickly. And we dont have enough ppl to have priest for each group + tank... lol. Anyway, thats why it should be tested - to find balance, so it wont be suicide with 13-15 ppl and it will be doneable
Back to top Go down
coolclan

PostSubject: Re: Scripts will kill us?   Scripts will kill us? EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 10:05 pm

as i said on the other post, dont unscript anything; just modify the bosses some so they can be silenced and their spells can be reflected; with that in place it will make ANY of them doable, and it will still require quite a bit of organization/communication/skill to do. like, for instance, x boss can be silenced, if a rogue blows kick cd while a warr blows shield bash thats a waste and the whole party gonna get blasted while those abilities on cd b/c then nobody can silence to stop it. it'll greatly increase teamwork required, make it easier somewhat, and at the same time slightly harder since it will take a lot more coordination and planning, not just pug groups; now, as far as the reflection goes, i'd leave all their instant casts alone since most all instant casts cant be reflected except maybe half the time if your really lucky so that will make up the difference on the actual cast time spells

also, as far as the reflection goes, not all spells have to be reflected back to the boss; i know some boss spells are not reflectable but for those they could be made so if they are reflected they dont hit the boss they just dont do anything to anybody kinda like a shammy grounding totem type deal so as to not unbalance it tooo much; b/c some of the boss spells, if reflected back to boss, would kill said boss fairly quickly and thats not right either, like for instance archimondes curse, grip of the legion, that does 2.5k every 2 sec for 5 min or finger of death that does 30k or hand of death that does 100k; spells like that shouldnt be able to be reflected back to the boss but should have some way of dispersing them to nothing, like a shammy grounding totem effect
Back to top Go down
Phantom

Phantom

PostSubject: Re: Scripts will kill us?   Scripts will kill us? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 4:54 am

coolclan wrote:
as i said on the other post, dont unscript anything; just modify the bosses some so they can be silenced and their spells can be reflected; with that in place it will make ANY of them doable, and it will still require quite a bit of organization/communication/skill to do. like, for instance, x boss can be silenced, if a rogue blows kick cd while a warr blows shield bash thats a waste and the whole party gonna get blasted while those abilities on cd b/c then nobody can silence to stop it. it'll greatly increase teamwork required, make it easier somewhat, and at the same time slightly harder since it will take a lot more coordination and planning, not just pug groups; now, as far as the reflection goes, i'd leave all their instant casts alone since most all instant casts cant be reflected except maybe half the time if your really lucky so that will make up the difference on the actual cast time spells

also, as far as the reflection goes, not all spells have to be reflected back to the boss; i know some boss spells are not reflectable but for those they could be made so if they are reflected they dont hit the boss they just dont do anything to anybody kinda like a shammy grounding totem type deal so as to not unbalance it tooo much; b/c some of the boss spells, if reflected back to boss, would kill said boss fairly quickly and thats not right either, like for instance archimondes curse, grip of the legion, that does 2.5k every 2 sec for 5 min or finger of death that does 30k or hand of death that does 100k; spells like that shouldnt be able to be reflected back to the boss but should have some way of dispersing them to nothing, like a shammy grounding totem effect

well that would be awesome, and will finally make raids interesting. but i would also decrease their dmg since i doubt they would be capable even if their spells can be reflected/silenced.

all this should be done with great relibility and organization. and i doubt anyobdy will move his ass for that Wink
Back to top Go down
Imrooniel

Imrooniel

PostSubject: Re: Scripts will kill us?   Scripts will kill us? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 6:23 am

Yesterday we've done moroes and maiden in kara... with 8 ppl and 3 healers. Perse (zomg sh1tloads of heal) me (1600), and someone else (around 900 I suppose) and we did moroes withotu problems... Healign his dots was fun.

and maiden... omg... Only cc and I leasted thru all fight, but man... it was awesome! Better than pvp event!

So, decrease spell dmg, so we can have more fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scripts will kill us?   Scripts will kill us? Empty

Back to top Go down

Scripts will kill us?
Page 1 of 1